Tuesday 21 May 2013

First we kiss by Anna Calvi-the song,the outfit and an inspired photo-shooting

First we kiss by Anna Calvi-the song, the outfit and the inspired photo-shooting


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7xceEcwpgA

It was a lovely summer-ish evening in Athens. Walking under the shadow of Acropolis in the mystical
paths of Plaka and Monastiraki. The scent of jasmine and honeysuckle was meddling with the dreamy perfume of lemon flowers. The weather was warm and the sun bright but not blinding. People were walking around the stone walks amongst the old buildings. Others were enjoying their coffee with chit chat or playing backgammon games. The beauty of Athens and its people was gathered at that evening. Athens was so captivating that I just couldn't let it go.
Kostis (the photographer-check the tab above) and I went there in order to capture the vivid colours and the beauty of this magical place. We were walking for plenty of hours and even though I was wearing my high heels I enjoyed it. We were laughing loud making fun of everything. Sitting on a bench having a cigarette. During the photo-shooting an old man passed by and he stopped. He was looking. A rather awkward moment. But he was laughing, enjoying it as much as we did and then he started the compliments congratulating Kostis for what he was doing and asking me for a smile. It was cute...

Ach, Athens, the city I grew up. I remembered the Sunday mornings when my dad was taking me and my sister at the Monastiraki Flea Market. There, he was buying us a coconut candy stick and then he was taking us to the record stores to find some LPs. This is how I learned to love music. Became a part of my life. Music for me is not only the sound. It is also the warm daddy's kiss, the coconut taste and the jasmine scent.

Now let's talk about style. As you can see the place was inspiring for something more vintage. The 40s sense was essential. Floral dress, strapped shoes, dramatic make up etc. All these clothes are from personal collection. I wouldn't mind sharing it with you but alas, the problem is that I have these clothes for more than 5 years. The importance of having your own style is that you don't care about fashion. A wrap dress is the best solution for a female silhouette. It makes you look sexy and classy at the same time. Not to mention the fact that all men love the silk sense as well as the idea that there is only one move away to unwrap it. Hence my advice for this summer is to invest in such a dress. It also beautifies the silhouette.

Underneath there is a proposal on how to get the style. However the most important thing is that you have to own it. Dress up like that and walk around with the attitude of Ava Gardner. Move your hips like Sophia Loren. Seduce with your look like them....I really do hope to enjoy it...'till we meet again

xx Lady K.







Dress
http://www.yumidirect.co.uk/women/dresses/polka-dot-faux-wrap-dress.html

Shoes
http://www.schuh.co.uk/navy-irregular-choice-cortesan-combi/1158895860/

Clutch Bag
http://www.radley.co.uk/aldgate-small-clutch-bag

Necklace
http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=1&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&productId=10257021&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=208556&parent_categoryId=204484&pageSize=200&refinements=category~[210007|208556]&noOfRefinements=1

Hair Clips
http://uk.accessorize.com/view/product/uk_catalog/acc_2,acc_2.12/3861516000

Shrug
http://uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_1,mon_1.6/3332504652




No comments:

Post a Comment